- Launched a virtual machine in the Nectar Research cloud
- Used the Launch Dialog from the Nectar dashboard.
- Selected a virtual machine Image
- Applied your Security Group/s & your public key
- Applied basic networking using the classic network provider
Upon successful launch your Nectar dashboard shows an active running instance on the instances page. Your instance now has an IP address.
Now you’ve got your first VM running, it’s a good time to also be aware of Security measures on the Nectar Cloud! We have checklists and documentation for you to follow here.
Congratulations!! You’ve completed a Launch. Your first? Now what? Our next tutorial will show you how to connect to your instance using SSH and terminal software.
Continue with the Cloud Starter Series