Create a Security Group
You can create Security Groups on the Nectar Dashboard
Security Groups page, so if you’re not already there:
- Navigate to
Project | Network | Security Groupsin the navigation panel on the left hand side.
- Click the button + Create Security Group
- Give your Security Group a meaningful Name and optionally a Description. For the purpose of this tutorial we recommend the name
- click Create Security Group to finalise this step.
Although you can use duplicate names for Security Groups, it will make your life harder if you do so. We recommend you don’t.
You have now created a Security Group and you are ready to configure it with the right Rules.
- Click the “Manage Rules” option on the Action Menu button for the group you created above.
Two Egress rules should be visible. To add the
- Click the + Add Rule button.
In the Add Rule dialog, select the Rule SSH in the Rule selector.
SSH is special
Because the SSH rule is a very commonly used rule, it is preconfigured in Nectar. You’ll see that the Add Rule dialog changes to show fewer fields upon selecting the SSH rule.
Just click the Add button to complete this step. You have created a Security Group and configured it with the