Well done! You now know some of the key principles in being secure on the Nectar Cloud.
You should now be able to:
Before launching a virtual machine you can:
- Understand and use Security Groups
- Create, encrypt and use Private Keys for authentication
While using your Virtual Machine you can:
- Know how to keep the Virtual Machine updated
- Understand account permissions, and using sudo
- Know to encrypt web communications & add authentication to private dashboards
What to do on your local computer:
- Keeping the computer updated
- Use two factor authentication for accounts where possible
- Using a password manager
Our Knowledge base has a dedicated Security Guidelines documentation here.