What is the Cloud?
The Cloud is a way of accessing more powerful computing resources via the internet, where you use your own computer as the controls & access point.
The Nectar Cloud is Australia’s purpose built cloud for Research, providing computing services and tools for researchers for free. There are eligibility factors, learn more here.
Do I need it?
- I need more computing power (processors, ram, storage) ✅
- I want to share my computer with collaborators ✅
- I want my computer to host a service such as a website or database ✅
- I want to use a different operating system to my usual physical devices ✅
- I want to launch long-running tasks without worrying about power outages or physical access ✅
If any of the above apply to you, the Nectar Cloud would benefit your research!