Creating an Application Credential
- Log on to on your Nectar Dashboard and ensure you’re working in the right project (Use the project selector on the top left-hand side).
- Navigate to the
Identity | Application Credentialspage using the navigation links on the left side of the page.
Create Application Credentialbutton to open the Create Application Credential dialog.
- Provide a credential name in the
- You can leave the
Secretfield blank, and a secure secret will be generated for you.
- Optionally, provide an expiration date in the
- Optionally, select the roles to grant to this application credential.
Selecting nothing will grant all roles listed. If you have more than one
role, it’s best to limit what you grant here to just what your script
requires. Usually the
Memberrole is enough.
- Click the
Create Application Credentialbutton.
Download openrc filebutton and the
- You can use the downloaded openrc file or clouds.yaml for authentication with your client tools.